The quality of commercial information provides the necessary economic benefit for the company, so it is essential to protect critical data from misconduct. This will allow the company to compete successfully in the market.
Information security (IS) is the state of the information system in which it is the least susceptible to interference and damage by third parties. Data security also involves managing risks related to information disclosure or influence on security hardware and software modules.
The security of information processed in the organization is a set of actions aimed at solving the company's information environment protection problem. However, communication should not be limited to use and dynamic development for authorized persons.
Undoubtedly, the highest priority task of modern DLP systems is to detect and prevent leakage of confidential information. On average, 82% of threats to information resources of companies come from the actions of their own employees, either through negligence or deliberately.
The main advantages of DLP systems:
- control over all channels of transmission of confidential information in electronic form, regularly used in the business of the company
- detection of protected information precisely by its content (regardless of the storage format)
- the ability to block leaks (suspension of sending emails, transferring files or writing to USB drives if these actions are contrary to the company's security policy)
- investigation of incidents related to confidential information leaks
- reduction of risks of direct and indirect financial losses due to leakage of business-critical information
- reducing costs and increasing the efficiency of internal investigations of information and economic security incidents, as well as information security audits
- increasing the level of trust of customers and partners
- increasing the level of corporate business ethics in external and internal information exchange of electronic messages
- ensuring confidence in reliable protection of confidential information
What will the implementation of the information leakage protection system give?
- control of actions of internal users
- reducing the risk of confidential information leakage
- control of compliance with information security policy and confidentiality
- identification of information assets and control of access to them
- archive of communications for conducting official investigations
- compliance with the requirements of standards: STO BR RF, PCI DSS, ISO27001, etc.